Info for Ardsley Luxury Car Service
The village of Ardsley is found in the Town of Greenburgh, NY. The municipality of Ardsley is located in the southwestern part of Westchester County, NY. The village was originally known as "Ashford", and Ashford Avenue, the main road, used to be an old Indian trail spanning from the Hudson River to Long Island Sound. The area that includes the Village of Ardsley was originally inhabited by the Weckqueskecks, a branch of the Mohican tribe of the Algonquin nation.
In 1883, since there already was an Ashford Post Office in the state, the Village name was changed to Ardsley and on March 2, 1883 the first Postmaster was appointed. Ardsley was incorporated in 1896 with a new name, since another 'Ashford' already existed in New York State. It is one of the six villages within the Town of Greenburgh. By 1898 the population had grown to 372.
On December 6, 1914 fire devastated the center of the Village. As a result the original school house on Ashford Avenue was taken over for Village offices and the fire department -- now the Municipal Building.