Millwood, New York
Millwood is another hamlet of New Castle, located in the northwest part of the town. As of the 2000 census, the community had a population of 1,210.
Millwood used to have a train station, mostly used for freight, along the Putnam Division of the New York Central Railroad. The last passenger train to run along the Putnam Division was in May 1958. Freight service closed in 1970. The track has thus been removed, pavement has taken its place, and it is now used as a Bike Path. The old Millwood train house is still in place.