How to Throw a Great Baby Shower
Give a baby shower that will not be easily forgotten. Keep it simple, but fun. A baby shower does not have to be a costly event.
1. Make your own flower arrangements. Be sure to prepare a special flower arrangement for the soon-to-be mom, so she can take it home with her. Start with a stylish flower dish, filled with floral foam in which to insert the flowers. Add a variety of different colored fresh or artificial flowers to the dish. As a final touch, inset a baby rattle in the center. Place the flowers on the gift table, refreshment and coffee tables.
2. Prepare several snack trays; one with a variety of finger sandwiches, another with healthy choices such as deli sliced turkey or smoked chicken. Simply roll each slice with a piece of Swiss cheese and place on the tray. Using a toothpick for each, add either black or green olives or both as a garnish to dress up the platter. Any kind of stuffed mushrooms are sure to please your guests. You may also want a tray of sliced fresh vegetables served with a dip placed in the center of the tray.
3. Plan a variety of games, such as "diaper a doll while blind-folded." All you need is a doll, a diaper and safety pins and a dark blind-fold. For another game, empty a bag of cotton balls on the floor. Blind-fold players and have them take turns trying to pick up the cotton balls with a spoon and put the cotton balls in a basket. It will be tricky, but a lot of fun to play. Give the person with the most cotton balls in her basket a small prize.
4. Prepare fruit punch. Use a crystal punch bowl, fill it with fruit punch and add slices of peeled, fresh oranges to enhance the flavor of the punch.
5. For a really great looking gift table, use a white lace table cloth.
6. For easy clean-up, use disposable cups, plates and eating utensils. Choose colors that will work well with the color scheme you have chosen for your shower.
• You may want to present a small gift to the very first guest. It can be anything that you choose. Use your imagination.
• Scented candles can add to the atmosphere. Use soft scents like French vanilla or floral fragrances.
• If you know the baby is a girl or boy, buy decorative balloons in the appropriate color. You may also want to hang streamers in pinks or blues. Yellow is also an attractive choice whether the baby is girl or boy. A mixture of white and yellow balloons will also work out nicely.
• Home showers are always a delight. However, if expense isn't an issue (or if there will be more people at the party than your home will fit comfortably), rent a club house at an apartment complex or community center, or even a hotel or restaurant function hall. (You may have better luck referring to your function as a "party" than as a "shower" though. Function hall coordinators know that showers tend to run long during the gift opening phase, and may not want to risk your function running into the function after yours.)
Don't allow your party to become dull. Keep things rolling and have fun.
How to Throw A Great Baby Shower
from wikiHow.com - The How-To Manual That Anyone Can Write or Edit
ust-round-the-corner motherhood is a greatly anticipated event, a beautiful vision of parental joy and excitement. Imagine warmly welcoming a baby into the world and holding a party for close friends and family. Start building those wonderful memories of your child’s life from pregnancy to birth to growing up with a special gift: a limousine ride to put your little bundle of joy at ease. Our trained chauffeurs smooth driving skills will keep a mom-to-be secure in her baby’s safety.
ire a limo for your weddings, birthdays, proms, and romantic dates, or treat your guests and clients to a limousine shuttle service for a tour around town, to and from hotels and airports, and during special corporate events. And for your limousine service needs only one name can be trusted: Westchester NY Limo. Five years of first-class quality limo service by our professionally trained chauffeurs and staff have earned Westchester NY Limo a reputation as the limo company to hire for every function or occasion. Our stable of limousines are widely arrayed from simple elegant town cars to stylish sedans and luxurious stretch limousines. Our services cover all cities, towns and villages in Westchester County, New York.
o request for your free quotes call WestchesterNYLimo.com now at (800) 720-2021. Or email us at our Contact Page
Every ride in a Westchester NY Limo is a unique experience all by itself.