How to Plan a Wedding Shower
Some brides-to-be thrive on showers, while others would rather avoid the entire concept. Here are some ideas to help you throw a great party everyone will enjoy.
1. Go in with one or two other people to throw the shower. Divide expenses and tasks to be done.
2. Discuss what type of shower the bride-to-be would prefer. The possibilities include a couples cocktail party, a midday luncheon or tea, or a shower for specific items such as lingerie, linen or kitchen items.
3. Choose a date, place and time for the shower.
4. Send out invitations four weeks before the shower.
5. Have guests RSVP to one phone number to prevent confusion.
6. Include the couple's registry locations with each invitation.
7. If the shower is a kitchen or lingerie shower, mention it in the invitation.
8. With the people who are helping you, plan games, prizes, food, drinks and decorations.
9. Prepare as much as you can ahead of time so you are free to enjoy the shower.
10. Have a pencil and paper handy so someone can record gifts and givers as the bride-to-be opens her gifts.
- If the bride-to-be is uncomfortable with the traditional shower consisting of games and gifts, be creative and plan a cooking class, quilting bee or pottery-painting party where everyone participates.
- Always invite the mothers of the bride and groom.
- Create a Web site that friends and family could access. Place Thank You messages for the shower hosts and hostesses, post directions to the venue, give an overview of how the bride and groom met, post pictures, and give info on where the couple are registered.
- Tape a envelope to a smaller notebook to use for recording gifts. Put the money received in the envelope and there is no chance of accidently misplacing or throwing it away.
Plan only one or two short games or the shower will run too long.
How to Plan A Wedding Shower
from eHow.com - Clear Instructions on How To Do (just about) Everything
efore the wedding is celebrated, a woman must look back to her years as a bachelorette and spend one special night with her closest female friends and family members to bid farewell to singularity and greet a life of marital bliss with her husband. So gather round girls and have a wild bridal shower party with Westchester NY Limos!
ire a limo for your weddings, birthdays, proms, and romantic dates, or treat your guests and clients to a limousine shuttle service for a tour around town, to and from hotels and airports, and during special corporate events. And for your limousine service needs only one name can be trusted: Westchester NY Limo. Five years of first-class quality limo service by our professionally trained chauffeurs and staff have earned Westchester NY Limo a reputation as the limo company to hire for every function or occasion. Our stable of limousines are widely arrayed from simple elegant town cars to stylish sedans and luxurious stretch limousines. Our services cover all cities, towns and villages in Westchester County, New York.
o request for your free quotes call WestchesterNYLimo.com now at (800) 720-2021. Or email us at our Contact Page
Every ride in a Westchester NY Limo is a unique experience all by itself.