Hastings-on-Hudson, New York
Hastings-on-Hudson is a suburban village located in the southwest part of the Town of Greenburgh in Westchester County, New York. The village has a total area of 2.9 mi�, 32.65% of which is water. As of 2000, there are 7,648 people residing in the village. Commuter rail service to New York City is available via the Hastings-on-Hudson train station, served by Metro-North Railroad's Hudson line.
Attractions and Recreation
Hastings-on-Hudson has many attractions and places for recreation, including:
- Chemka Pool, a public swimming pool
- Hillside Woods, a large wooded area with hiking and biking trails
- Sugar Pond, a small pond located in Hillside Woods; open to ice skating in the winter
- Numerous playing fields including the Burke Estate, Zinsser Field, Reynolds Field, and Uniontown Field
- Hastings High School, where there are often theatre productions and other shows
- Downtown Hastings, which offers a variety of retail stores, selling for example: shoes, toys, stationery, and pizza
- "Ever Rest", the homestead and studio of Hudson River School painter Jasper Cropsey (1823-1900). The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in New York.
- A large public library